Saturday, November 19, 2016

Supporting A Good Cause



While I was doing my research into all things Nicaragua for my possible Ex-Pat departure from the US, I came across a project there that instantly grabbed my heart. You know what I mean, I'm sure of it. Something that feels so right that you are powerless to resist helping in whatever way you can. Barrio La Planta Project (BPP) hit me like that.

Nicaragua is arguably the poorest country in all of Central America and while this statistic is daunting, it has done nothing to change or deter the attitude of the warm and resourceful people who call it home. With that said, parents there want what all parents want: a bright future for their children. For many in the San Juan Del Sur community on the Pacific coast, BPP is providing that opportunity by offering English classes for the children.

We are living in a world that is shrinking in many ways and these Nicaraguan children that learn English will have many more opportunities presented to them as they reach adulthood through their mastery of the English language.

BPP is only able to provide this excellent program through the sponsorship of the children who attend the classes. Last year I chose to sponsor two of these great kids. Please allow me to introduce them:




They work very hard at their studies and BPP provides a regular update of their progress. I'm super-proud of them.

Don't think for a moment that BPP is providing just boring old English classes. We are talking about kids here so there are tons of creative and rewarding activities to keep them engaged.

To get a real sense of these activities, take a moment to check out the BPP page over on Facebook. There are tons of great pictures that give a real sense of what this worthwhile project is all about.

If you would, please take a moment to consider visiting the BPP website to find out what it takes to sponsor one of these great kids and give them a real chance at a stellar future. I think they are worth it.

And One More Thing

BPP has just started their 2016 Holiday Fundraiser. This is a great opportunity to contribute without any sponsorship commitment.

This video is just 2 minutes long but says so much.  Thank you for watching it.



No comments:

Post a Comment