Saturday, October 22, 2016

Welcome!

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by. Recognize the name? Perhaps you do. If so it's great to have you back and if this is your first time at Tumblemoose then I'm certainly glad you stopped by.

A little history, if you don't mind. Nearly a decade ago I quit my job and decided to try and make a living as a freelance writer and blogger. I achieved a small bit of success due to some very wonderful and loyal writers who provided great comments on my posts related to inspiring writers. I wrote tons of web content and dabbled in writing a bit of fiction now and then.

I did love it but I'm here to tell ya, it ain't easy making bank as freelance writer. Try writing a dozen uniquely worded web articles using the keyword "Potty Training" or "Home Equity Line of Credit." You'll get what I mean. Oy. Eventually I had to go back to a day job. No worries, though. I had a great time, met a bunch of great folks and actually have a couple of (electronically) published books.

Ultimately I ran out of steam with the Tumblemoose blog. Writing topics became more difficult to find and daily posts turned to monthly and I decided to use a post about the sudden death of a writing buddy to wrap up my stint as a Writing Blogger.

I've missed the writing and have secretly hoped my muse would come back from her hiatus. It's been several years and no such luck. My novel still needs an edit and the next in the series needs written. I suppose to some extent it's that way for a lot of writers.

Today, however, it popped in my head that I should start up another blog. A blog not based on writing, but a blog based on whatever the heck interests me at the time. Perhaps this will lure that dodgy muse back into my life. Who knows.

So I hope you ultimately subscribe and come back now and then to leave a comment.

Let's see where this goes.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana! I must admit it is a bit surreal at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back George, so looking forward to reading your post again no matter what topic, and your next novel when the muse returns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda and thanks so much. I'm hoping it will be just as much fun as before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *waves*
    Welcome back. You'll ace the edits. Take the dive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will this be deliciously deplorable? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I suspect there will be a deplorable post or two. It was frustrating having the dedicated blog where it wasn't rely appropriate to post about other things. :-)

      Delete